4 cups chicken broth 1 lb peeled deveined shrimp
1 tsp salt 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup quick cooking grits 3/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese plus 1/4 cup
2 tablespoons margarine 1 10 ounce can diced tomatoes and green chilies
1 bunch green onions chopped 1/2 tsp black pepper
2 cloves garlic minced
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 X 12 inch baking pan
2) Bring chicken broth and salt to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Stir in the grits, retun to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium low, and continue cooking for 20 minutes stirring frequently.
3) Meanwhile, melt the margarine in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the green onions, green chilies and garlic. Cook until the peppers have softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the shrimp and cook until they begin to firm.
4) Stir the Monterey Jack cheese, 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese, shrimp and vegetable mixture, canned tomatoes and black pepper in to the grits. Pour into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese.
5) Bake in preheated oven until the cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown, 30-45 minutes.