- Grilling with coals: Let the coals burn down until they turn into white-hot ash, then you know the temperature is good for grilling.
Baking trout is simple. So there is no reason to be scared to cook fish at home.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butterfly the trout before cooking.
- Coat both sides of the trout with extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle on any spices. Such as kosher salt and fines herbs (finely chopped herbs, specifically parsley, chives, tarragon, and thyme, mixed together.)
- Cook the trout for 20 to 25 minutes.
The trout is done when the meat easily flakes off the skin with a fork.
Trout has a light flavor. So when experimenting with spices and herbs pay attention to keeping the flavors light.