- 2 pounds coarse salt
- 1 cup water
- a 2-pound whole red snapper, cleaned, leaving head and tail intact
- 1 lemon
- fine-quality extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a bowl stir together salt and water until combined well. On a large baking sheet spread half of salt mixture in a rectangle just larger than the red snapper and set fish on top. Halve lemon crosswise and cut 3 slices from 1 half, reserving remaining half. Insert slices into cavity of fish. Pat remaining salt mixture over fish to cover completely and bake in middle of oven 30 minutes.
- Rap all around edge of salt crust with the back of a large spoon to loosen and lift top off. Squeeze juice from reserved lemon half over fish and drizzle with oil.
- Recipe from Epicurious | Photo by customer, Denis F.