From Aqua Restaurant in Las Vegas. In Bon Appetit and Epicurius.
• 1/3 cup sake
• 1/3 cup mirin (sweet Japanese rice wine)
• 1/3 cup light yellow miso (fermented soybean paste)
• 3 tablespoons (packed) brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 4 6-ounce sea bass fillets (each about 3/4 inch thick)
• 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
Mix first 5 ingredients in shallow glass baking dish. Add fish and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours and up to 6 hours.
Preheat broiler. Remove fish from marinade. Place fish on rimmed baking sheet. With broiler door slightly open, broil fish 6 inches from heat source until just opaque in center, about 6 minutes. Transfer to plates.
Sprinkle with green onions and basil and serve.
Makes 4 servings