Image and Recipe Source: FifteenSpatulas.com
- 1/2 lb dry sea scallops
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil (or other high smoke point oil)
- 2 tbsp butter
- Preheat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- In the meantime, pat the scallops very dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle the sea scallops with salt and pepper, to season.
- When the pan is hot, add the grapeseed oil, then drop in your scallops, giving them enough room in between so they don’t steam each other. The scallops should make a sizzling noise when you put them in the pan.
- Cook the scallops for 2 minutes, making sure not to move them or touch them at all.
- Flip the scallops over with a pair of tongs, and add the butter to the pan. Let the scallops cook for 1 more minute, basting the scallops with the butter.
- Remove the scallops from the pan and serve!