Image and Recipe Source: BravoForPaleo.com
Black Puppy Drum Fish
- Season both sides of the black drum filets. I used Chef Paul's Seafood Magic.
- Place your cast iron skillet on a medium to high heat, coating the bottom with olive oil and two tablespoons of butter.
- Place the drum in the skillet. Cook for 5 minutes and flip. I squeeze lemon over the fish at this point.
- Cook for another 5 minutes and flip again. Squeeze more lemon.
- Cooking time is really contingent upon the thickness of the filets. Experience will be your guide. If need be take your metal spatula and cut into part of the filet to see if it is done.
Optional topping of shrimp, crabmeat, shallots and mushroom knock this dish out of the park, but remember the fish will speak for itself. I will wager Black Drum will become your favorite fish!