Recipe Source: SplendidTable.org
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 (7-ounce) hake fillets, skin removed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground white pepper
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
In a large, oven-safe saute pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Place the hake in the hot oil, presentation side down. Cook for 2 minutes, then lower the heat. Add the butter to the pan and let it brown around the fish for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and carefully flip the fish over. Transfer the saute pan to the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
Remove the fish fillets to a serving platter. Brush the fillets with the lemon juice and garnish with thyme leaves. Season with salt and white pepper.