Photo credit: MissHomemade.com
Shared to us by: Ben Godwin
Fresh Grouper Fillet Over Pasta
Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 20 min Serves: 2
• 1/2 lb Grouper Fillet, washed and patted dry
• 1/2 Pint Cherry Tomatoes
• Olive Oil
• Red Pepper Flakes
• To Taste Sea Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
• Garlic Butter Sauce, 2 1 TBS finely chopped garlic, 1/2 cup chicken broth, 1/4 lb cold butter, sliced into pats, 2 tbs fresh parsley for garnish
• 8 oz Angel Hair or other pasta
• Shredded Parmesan Cheese, To garnish
1. Heat heavy skillet to medium high. Add a tablespoon or two of olive oil
2. Season grouper fillet with salt and pepper. Lightly dust with flour. Cut into chunks.
3. Add grouper to skillet and cook 4 minutes on each side until done. Remove grouper and keep warm.
4. Place cherry tomatoes in hot skillet and sauté for a minute or two.
5. Garlic Butter Sauce - Bring chicken broth and chopped garlic to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until reduced in half.
Whisk in a few butter pats at a time and cook until it coats the back of a spoon.
6. Pasta - Cook as directed on box. Drain and drizzle with a little olive oil.
7. To Serve - Plate the pasta and top with cherry tomatoes. Place grouper chunks on top and drizzle with garlic butter sauce, red pepper flakes, shredded Parmesan cheese and parsley.
This is primarily a pasta dish with grouper. Add more grouper if you like.
Recipe Source: Game and Fish Magazine