- 6 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 5 haddock fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but
not crisp. Add onion and garlic; cook until golden brown, stirring
occasionally, 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in bread crumbs, tomatoes and parsley. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 400°. Spread oil and butter in an ungreased 15x10x1-in.
baking pan. Place fillets in pan. Drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle
with salt. Top with bread crumb mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.