- 2 dozen oysters, shucked
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Louisiana Style Hot Sauce
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 1/2 Tsp Salt
- Oil for frying, I use Canola
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Melted
- 1 Tablespoon Cayenne
- 3/4 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the whole milk, egg, and hot sauce. In another medium bowl, mix the flour and salt together.
- In either a deep fryer (I use this one) or a cast iron skillet, heat your oil to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take each oyster and dredge it in the flour,
then dip in the egg/,milk mixture and then again in the flour. Be sure
to shake off the excess after each step.
- Fry oysters in batches (the big basket in my
fryer can do about a dozen at a time), about 2-3 minutes on each side,
until golden brown. After frying, place oysters on a cooling rack on top
of a baking sheet.
- To make the Nashville Hot glaze, add the
remaining spices to the melted butter and whisk together. Brush on each
side of the fried oyster.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Cooking With Janicahttps://cookingwithjanica.com/nashville-hot-fried-...