- 1 clove garlic, finely grated with a rasp style grater
- ½ teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger root
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 4-5 ounce portions black cod or sablefish fillet, about 1 pound
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Recipe courtesy of Healthy Seasonal Recipes
- Whisk garlic, lime zest, lime juice, agave syrup, olive oil, ginger and salt in a small bowl.
- Place sablefish in a large resealable
plastic bag. Pour the lime mixture over the fish, press the air out of
the bag and seal. Agitate bag to coat the fish in the marinade.
Refrigerate, 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove fish from the marinade and discard
the marinade. Place fish, skin side down on the parchment and transfer
the baking sheet to the oven.
- Bake until the fish is cooked through and
just flakes apart when pierced with the tip of a knife, 12 to 15
minutes. Garnish with cilantro