Tip of the day
SPICED COD ON THE GRILL
1 lb fresh cod cut into portion size
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
1/2 dash salt
1/2 dash black pepper
1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
1/2 tablespoon butter
Dust cod with cumin, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Spread mustard over fish.
- If grilling use the butter to baste, this of course means you'll need to melt the butter.
- Grill for about 3 minutes per side.
- You could alternatively broil for 3-4 minutes per side in the oven.
- In this case, place the fish on a broiling pan and dot each fillet with butter before putting it in the oven (on broil).
- Either way the fish flesh will be white, firm and flake easily with a fork when done.
- Serve with lemon wedges