- 4 New England-style hotdog buns
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat, picked over for shells
- 2 tablespoons good mayonnaise, such as Hellmann's or Best
- spritz of fresh lemon juice, optional
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 4 lettuce leaves, preferably Bibb or green leaf
- minced chives, to garnish (optional)
- kettle-cooked potato chips, to serve
Combine the crabmeat and mayonnaise and stir just until fully combined. Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, if desired.
a frying pan or griddle to medium. Butter the sides of each hotdog bun
and place them side-down and grill until golden brown. Grill the other
a leaf of lettuce inside each bun. Spoon a generous heap of crabmeat
into each bun, and garnish with chives, if desired. Serve immediately
with kettle-cooked potato chips.
Recipe courtesy of Unpeeled Journal