- 2teaspoons butter
- 1tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2cups milk
- 2beaten egg yolks
- 8ounces cubed, cooked lobsters
- 1tablespoon dry sherry
- 1⁄8teaspoon white pepper or 1⁄8teaspoon black pepper
- 1dash ground red pepper
- 2English muffins, split and toasted
- snipped fresh chives(optional)
Image and Recipe Source: GeniusKitchen.com
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Add the milk all at once.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 1 more minute.
- Stir about half the hot mixture into the beaten egg yolks.
- Return all to saucepan.
- Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in lobster, dry sherry, white or black pepper, and ground red pepper.
- Heat through.
- Serve over English muffin halves.
- If desired, garnish with snipped chives.