- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided, plus more for serving
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, cut into thin rounds and separated into rings
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/2 cup Spanish olives with pimentos, sliced
- 2 (6-ounce) Australis Barramundi filets, thawed, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon Spanish paprika (dulce or smoked)
- 6–8 sprigs each: fresh oregano and thyme
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh lemon wedges, for serving
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Roasted potatoes, for serving on the side
- Baby arugula or other tender leafy green, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Use a little of the olive oil to lightly grease the inside of a 3 quart casserole pan.
- Arrange half of the bell peppers, onions, garlic, and olives on the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Season both sides of the barramundi filets
with the paprika and a good pinch each sea salt and freshly ground black
pepper. Place on top of the veggies and olives. Arrange half of the
herb sprigs on top.
- Place the remaining peppers, onions, garlic,
and olives over the top of the fish. Season with a little more salt and
pepper. Add the remaining herb sprigs. Drizzle the remaining olive oil
over the top. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Place in oven and bake
for 30-40 minutes, or until fish is cooked through and veggies are
- Let cool slightly and serve with fresh
greens, roasted potatoes, and garnish with lemon wedges and fresh
parsley. Add an extra drizzle of olive oil, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Cafe Johnsoniahttps://cafejohnsonia.com/2017/09/spanish-style-ba...