Recipe Submitted by Dawn D. Dawn also suggests using this recipe with grouper and sea bass.
CRUNCHY SCAMP WITH BASIL CREAM SAUCE
Author: My Delicious Blog
- ~1 lb. Scamp/Grouper fillets, cut into 2 portions, cleaned & de-boned
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ - ¾ c. Panko (or more, depending on size of fish)
- 1 Tb. coconut oil
- ½ c. heavy cream
- 2 Tb. basil pesto (store bought or homemade - see Notes)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare dredging dishes - 1 for egg, 1 for Panko.
- Lightly salt and pepper each fillet.
- Dip each piece of fish in egg wash, then Panko. Set aside until ready to saute.
- Heat nonstick pan to medium-high. Add coconut oil to pan. When hot, place fish in pan. Cook on medium-high for about 1 minute, then reduce to medium.
- Flip fish when brown crust forms (you may need to add a bit more coconut oil to pan to ensure crunchiness).
- When bottom layer is brown (about 1 minute), turn off heat and place pan in pre-heated oven.
- Leave in oven for about 5 minutes - you don't want to overcook the fish!
- Remove from oven and serve with basil cream.
Basil Cream Sauce:
Heat heavy cream in a small sauce pan.
When warm, whisk in the basil pesto.
Serve immediately with the prepared fish!
Recipe and Image Source: My Delicious Blog