- ½ pound fillet of fresh steelhead, skin on
- 1 T butter
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- ½ large fresh lemon (reserve 1 slice, cut in halves, for garnish)
- 1 T fresh chopped parsley (or dill)
- Kosher salt
- Rinse fish filet and pat dry with paper
towels. If desired, remove any large “pin bones” from the fish. Sprinkle
lightly with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet (cast iron
preferred) over medium-high heat. Add garlic to butter and cook for
approximately 1 minute, until garlic is fragrant.
- Place steelhead filet in pan with the flesh
side down, skin side up. Cook for approximately 4 minutes. Flip filet
over and cook for an additional 4 minutes, until internal temperature
reaches 145 degrees.
- Remove filet from pan and put on plate.
Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the fish and sprinkle parsley on top. Add
lemon slices for garnish. Serve.
Recipe courtesy of Marie Bostwickhttps://mariebostwick.com/easy-pan-seared-steelhea...