- 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds) wreckfish
- 2 medium onions
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 350 grams (12 1/3 ounces) clams
- 1 leek
- Pepper (to taste)
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) white wine
- 250 ml (about 1 cup) olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- Coriander (to taste)
- 1.2 kg (2 2/3 pounds) small potatoes
- 1/2 red pepper
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt (to taste)
- Place the clams to soak in salted water for one to two hours. Wash them under running water before cooking.
- Meanwhile, season the fish with salt and let marinate about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Wash and peel the potatoes. In a
baking dish, place the onions cut into round slices, fish, potatoes,
leek cut into rings, bay leaf, six peeled whole garlic, the peeled
tomato cut into small pieces and the red pepper cut into strips. Season
the potatoes with a little salt, drizzle everything with 150 ml (2/3 cup) olive oil and white wine and bake about one hour. Occasionally drizzle the potatoes and the fish with the sauce.
- Meanwhile, place the remaining
olive oil and the remaining chopped garlic in a frying pan and saute
over low heat about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the clams, stir with a wooden
spoon, cover the pan and simmer over low heat until the clams start to
open. Turn off the heat and season with pepper and lemon juice.
- When the fish is baked, remove
the baking dish briefly from the oven, add the clams and place the
baking dish back on the oven about five minutes. Turn off the oven,
sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Food From Portugalhttps://www.foodfromportugal.com/recipes/wreckfish...