- Recipe Source: AllRecipes.com
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 cups white wine
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds mussels, cleaned and debearded
- 1 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 slices bread, grilled
- 2 lemon wedges for garnish
- Melt butter in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add garlic and let sizzle for about 30
- seconds. Season with red pepper flakes and lemon zest, stirring for about 45 seconds.
- Quickly pour in wine into the pan and season with black pepper. Bring sauce to a boil, stir in mussels, and cover immediately. Shake pot and let boil for 1 minute.
- Stir mussels, replace cover, and let boil for 2 more minutes. The shells will begin to open. Stir in parsley, cover pot, and cook until all shells are open, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Serve with grilled bread and lemon wedge.
- Tip: Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.