- 2 Hogfish fillets, skinned, de-boned, dried with a paper towel
- 1 Tb. olive oil
- 1 Tb. unsalted butter
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 Tb. fresh ginger, peeled & grated
- Zest of one lime
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 Tb. fresh parsley (flat leaf or curly), minced
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ c. fresh mango, cut into small pieces
- ½ c. English cucumber, cut into small pieces (if using a regular cuke, peel & remove seeds before chopping)
- ¼ c. scallions, sliced thinly
- 2 Tb. red bell pepper, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
the compound butter by combining all ingredients in a mixing bowl and
stirring until well combined. Transfer to a small serving bowl (for easy
scooping) and refrigerate until ready to serve. OR place the butter on a
piece of parchment paper or plastic wrap and tightly roll into a narrow
log. Pinch ends of the log and refrigerate at least one hour (this
method allows you to slice off a few servings at a time). You can even
freeze what you don’t use, up to 6 months.
- Prepare the salsa by mixing all ingredients together then refrigerating about 1 hour.
- When ready to cook the fish, heat a non-stick skillet to medium/high and add olive oil and butter.
salt & pepper each fillet, then place in pan. Since the fillets are
usually thin, it only takes about 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Remove to serving dish and, while hot, top with a generous amount of butter.
- Serve alongside pretty green lettuce topped with the Mango-Cucumber Salsa.
Butter may be kept in the refrigerator for up to 1 week (but it
probably won't last that long because it's so yummy!). It can also be
frozen (in a tight container) for up to 6 months.
Recipe courtesy of Nicole Coudalhttps://www.mydeliciousblog.com/seared-hogfish-wit...