- 1 1/2 pounds snapper, cut into four 6-ounce fillets, skin on
- canola or olive oil for cooking
- cornstarch for dusting
- 1 cup Florida orange juice
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat a medium-sized sauté pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add 1 tablespoon oil to the pan. Lightly season each snapper fillet with salt and pepper and dust the skin side of each fillet with cornstarch. Carefully add the seasoned snapper fillets to the hot pan.
- Cook each fillet for around 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and completely cooked throughout the thickest part of the fillet. Remove cooked snapper fillets from pan and let cool slightly.
Recipe and Image Source: http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Recipes/Seafood/S...
- In a small pot, combine orange juice and soy sauce. Cook over medium heat until reduced by half.
- Reduce heat and add butter. Swirl the pot until the butter is incorporated.
- Remove from heat, taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve warm.