- 1 cup Hot Sesame Drizzle
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely diced onions
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 1 cup finely shredded napa or white cabbage
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup finely grated carrots
- 1/2 pound (1 cup) peeled crawfish tails
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons untoasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Emeril's Creole Seasoning
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten in 2 separate bowls
- 12 egg roll skins
- 6 cups vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup dry mustard, combined with 1/4 cup water
Prepare the Hot Sesame Drizzle, and set aside.
olive oil in a medium skillet over high heat. When the oil is hot, add
the onions, celery, and cabbage and saute for 2 minutes. Add the garlic
and carrots and saute, stirring and shaking the skillet, for 1 minute.
Add the crawfish tails and saute, shaking the skillet, for 1 minute.
Remove from the heat and pour the mixture into a bowl.
To the crawfish mixture, add the sesame oil, sesame seeds, salt, pepper, Creole Seasoning, and 1 of the eggs.
Lay the egg
roll skins on a flat surface and brush them with some of the remaining
egg. Place one-eighth of the filling on one end of each skin, leaving a
1/4-inch border at the top and sides, and roll up, tucking in the ends
after the first roll.
vegetable oil in a large saucepan or wok over high heat. When the oil is
very hot, about 375ºF, fry the egg rolls until they are crisp and
golden brown, for about 2 minutes. Drain thoroughly on paper towels.
While the egg rolls are frying, reheat the Hot Sesame Drizzle over low heat, stirring once or twice.
paint each of 6 dishes with a zigzag of mustard. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons
of the Hot Sesame Drizzle over the mustard, and top with 2 egg rolls.
Recipe courtesy of Emerils and recommended by our great customer Laura!