- 1lb monkfish filets
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup Panko
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Tartar sauce (for serving)
- Lemon (for serving)
Recipe courtesy of Luke's Lobster
- Thaw monkfish filets in fridge about 16-24 hours before using.
- Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees.
- Cut monkfish filets into 1/2 inch bite size pieces and set aside.
- In a separate, shallow bowl or plate beat egg until fully combine.
- In the second bowl, mix flour, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper together.
- In the third bowl add Panko bread crumbs.
each fish bite by tossing it in the seasoned flour, then cover
completely with egg, then toss and cover all wet egg spots with Panko.
Pat the Panko into the fish lightly to ensure the Panko sticks.
tip: when dredging your fish make sure to tap off excess flour before
covering in egg. To keep things clean, use one hand for your dry
dredging ingredients (flour and Panko) and the other hand for the eggs.
- Optional: spray the bites with olive oil or preferred oil before air frying to ensure even browning.
- Add monkfish bites to to the air fryer tray with plenty of room between them. Do not overcrowd the basket.
at 390 degrees for about 5 minutes, flip the fish pieces, and cook for
additional 5 minutes, total cook time will be about 10 minutes.
- Serve alongside your favorite tartar sauce and a few lemons. Enjoy!