Make the broth:
- Heat the canola oil over medium-high heat in a large stock pot or Dutch oven.
- Sauté the shallots, garlic, and ginger for 3 to 5 minutes until fragrant. Add in the red curry paste and stir to coat.
- Stir in coconut milk, chicken broth, sambal
oelek, fish sauce, soy sauce, and lime juice. Bring to a boil, then
simmer for 15 minutes on low heat.
Cook the seafood:
- Add in the sliced mushrooms, scallops, and cod fish and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the shrimp and mussels. Cover the pot
and cook for about 5 to 6 minutes until all of the mussels have opened.
(Discard any unopened mussels.)
- Remove from heat. Toss in the basil and cilantro.
Assemble the soup:
- Place a scoop of rice at bottom of bowl and ladle the seafood mixture over the top.
- Garnish with extra herbs and serve while hot.
Recipe courtesy of Lesli Schwartz aka The Asian Caucasianhttps://www.asiancaucasian.com/thai-coconut-curry-...