1 medium-size onion chopped
Large can chopped tomatoes (Italian seasoned o.k.)
2 garlic cloves, minced fine (or pressed in garlic press)
3 T. butter
salt and pepper
2 1⁄2 lbs raw shrimp
1/4 cup butter
3 t. Italian seasoning
1/4 c. brandy
12 slices feta cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Saute onion and garlic in 3 T. butter
3. Add tomatoes, salt and pepper; cook gently for 5 minutes (until most of the liquid is evaporated). Mixture should be goopy, not full of liquid. Put mixture in individual heatproof serving dish or in one larger serving dish.
4. Shell and devein the shrimp. Saute them briefly in the 1/4 cup butter and the Italian seasoning - until they are no longer transparent; add brandy, and ignite it by place a match over the mixture. (Careful...the flames will die down very quickly) (You also can skip the brandy-flame step)
5. When flame has died out, arrange the shrimp over the tomato mixture in the casseroles and pour the butter and brandy over them.
6. Top each casserole with slices of feta cheese. You can refrigerate at this point and bake later; or bake right away in 400' oven for 8-10 minutes until feta cheese is browned. May need to put under the broiler if the cheese does not brown.
Serve with rice pilaf and salad.